Skip to content
66410 Electrical Safety-SMART!
66411 Travels of Electricity
66421 How Electricity Can Hurt You
66431 In Case of an Electrical Emergency
66441 Tree & Power Line Safety
66451 Tell Me More
66461 Shock Survivors
66521 Learn About Energy
66531 Use Energy Efficiently
66541 Help the Environment
66551 Tell Me More
66621 What’s Sustainable?
66631 Renewable Energy
66641 Preserve Your Environment
66710 Natural Gas Safety-SMART!
66721 Natural Gas Science
66731 The Travels of Natural Gas
66741 Gas Pipeline Safety
66751 Using Gas Safely
66761 Using Gas Efficiently
66771 Tell Me More
66810 Energy Science-Smart!
66821 The Body Electric
66831 World of Wires
66841 Dangerous Waters
66851 It’s a Gas
66860 You’ve Got the Power (Electric)
66861 You’ve Got the Power (Electric & Gas)
66871 Fire in the Sky
66881 Tell Me More (Electric & Gas)
66883 Tell Me More (Electric)
66910 Solar Safety-SMART!
XXXXX Drone Safety-SMART!
XXXXX Hydropower & You
XXXXX Water Safety
XXXXX The Water Cycle
XXXXX Disaster Preparedness
Ask the Superexpert
66121 Ask the Superexpert about Electricity & Natural Gas
66122 Ask the Superexpert about Electricity
66123 Ask the Superexpert about Energy Efficiency
66125 Ask the Superexpert about Natural Gas
66127 Ask the Superexpert about Electricity, Natural Gas, & Energy Efficiency
66128 Ask the Superexpert about Electricity & Energy Efficiency
66141 Electricity & Natural Gas FAQ
66142 Electricity FAQ
66143 Energy Efficiency FAQ
66144 Fire Safety FAQ
66145 Natural Gas FAQ
66147 Electricity, Natural Gas, & Energy Efficiency FAQ
66148 Electricity & Energy Efficiency FAQ
66161 Energy Glossary
66163 Water & Energy Glossary
66164 Natural Gas Glossary
66101 Energy Scramble
Energy Tip Cards
66103 Find the Hidden Message
66104 Outlet Safety
66105 Stay Away from Electrical Equipment
66106 World Puzzler
66107 Don’t Mix Electricity and Water
66108 Savers and Wasters
66109 Renewable Energy Matching
66110 What to Do if You Smell Gas
66111 Electrified Words
66112 Natural Gas Evacuation Safety
66113 Natural Gas Appliance Safety
66114 Conserve Water
XXXXX Gas Equipment Safety
XXXXX What’s That Smell?
XXXXX Common Sense Gas Safety
XXXXX If You Smell Gas
66301 Electrical Safety World Video
66311 Electrical & Natural Gas Safety World Videos
66321 The Shocking Truth About Electrical Safety Video
66331 Kato’s Electrical Safety Video Game Adventure Video
66341 Natalie & Gus Explore the World of Natural Gas Video
66351 Call 811 Before You Dig Video
XXXXX Natural Gas Safety World Video
66202 Breaker Breaker!
66204 Energy Saver Calculator
66204 Energy Saver Calculator Home Energy Costs
66204 Energy Saver Calculator Results
66206 How Dense Can You Be?
66207 It’s Not Trivial Electric
66208 Stop the Guzzler!
66209 Find the Hidden Dangers Electric
66210 Find the Hidden Dangers Gas
66212 It’s Not Trivial Combo
66213 Make the Safe Choice
66215 Make the Sustainable Choice
66217 Shock Blocker
66218 The Voltinator
66219 Who Can Resist
66261 Kids Energy Inspection
66262 Kids Home Electric & Natural Gas Safety Inspection
66263 Kids Home Electrical Safety Inspection
66264 Kids Home Natural Gas Safety Inspection
66265 Kids Home Water Efficiency
66266 Kids School Energy Inspection
Call Before You Dig
66401 Call Before You Dig Electric
66407 Call Before You Dig Natural Gas
XXXXX Call Before You Dig Combo
66403 Geothermal Energy
66403 Ocean Energy
66403 Solar Power
66403 Wind Power
66399 In Case of an Electrical Emergency
66402 In Case of Emergency Gas
66404 Natural Gas History
66405 Use Water Wisely
66406 Careers in Energy
66265 Kids Home Water Efficiency
Home Water Inspection
Is your household doing as much as it can to help save water?
Print this checklist
and do this inspection to find out.
1. Do you keep your shower to 5 minutes or less, or take half-full baths?
2. Do you collect and reuse water when you can, such as when waiting for shower or sink water to heat up?
3. Do you turn the water off when brushing your teeth and soaping your hands?
4. Do you run the dishwasher only when it’s full, and use the short cycle?
5. Do you flush the toilet only when necessary, and not use it as a trash can?
6. Have you installed water-saving fixtures such as low-flow toilets, faucets, and showerheads?
7. Do you wash clothes in cold water, do only full loads, and use the short cycle?
8. Do you fix all leaks as soon as you notice them?
9. Do you keep a pitcher of water in the fridge instead of running the tap to get cold drinking water?
10. Do you wash fruits/vegetables in a partially filled sink and then rinse quickly under the tap?
11. Do you wash your car either at a public wash or by using a shutoff nozzle on your hose to limit water waste?
12. Do you limit outdoor water use by not overwatering lawns?
13. Do you sweep driveways or sidewalks instead of hosing them down?
Go to Top